RemoteCall + visual pack 6.0 Getting Started
Downloading & Installing the RemoteCall Agent
1. Open a web-browser and navigate to the RemoteCall Homepage( http://www.remotecall.com/int/ )
2. Mouse-over the tab labeled “Support”, found towards the top of the page, and click “Downloads”.
3. Locate “RemoteCall 6.0 Agent Installation File” and click “Download”.
4. Once the installer has finished downloading, double-click “RemoteCall-Agent.exe” to initiate the installation process.
(Windows UAC message will appear for users running Windows Vista or later)
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
6. The RemoteCall Agent shortcut will appear on the desktop once the installation process has finished.
* If you wish to connect through a proxy server, click “Settings” on the Login Screen, check the box labeled “Use Proxy”, and enter the proxy server information.
Log in to the Agent and standby for customer support
Logging into the Agent
Enter the user’s ID and password and press [Log in] to log in to the Agent.
Session Standby Window
Click “Video Support” to open the Session Standby Window.
Downloading & Installing the Mobile App
Once the RemoteCall Agent application has been downloaded and installed onto the support representative’s computer. The customer will need to download and install the RemoteCall Visual Pack mobile application to get connected. Follow the instructions below to download the app onto an Android device or iOS device.
Sending the App Installation Information via SMS
1. From the Session Standby Window, click “Send App Installation Information via SMS”.
2. Select the Country and enter the customer’s phone number, then click “Send”.
3. Upon receiving the SMS, instruct the customer to open the link.
4. This will bring them directly to the “VobileSupport – RemoteCall” app within the Apple App Store, or Google Play, depending on which device they are opening it from.
Initiating Remote Support
1. Instruct the customer to launch the “VisualSupport – RemoteCall” app from their mobile device.
2. Instruct the customer to enter the 6-Digit Connection Code generated within the Session Standby Window, and tap “OK”.
3. Once the customer enters the 6-Digit Connection Code and taps “OK”, the support representative will be able to determine which device the customer is connecting from.
4. After the customer agrees to the “Visual Support Agreement”, the remote support session will be established and the support representative will be able to see what’s being shown through the customer’s mobile device camera.
5. This is the screen that customer will be seeing: